The App Store Playbook: Discover How 10 Successful iPhone App Developers Hit It Big Selling Games On The App Store **Insights from iPhone Game Developers who consistently find Success on the App Store**
Have you ever wondered about iPhone game development or even just how to create an app?
What separates the world's most successful iOS game developers from the vast majority of App Store failures?
There are currently more than 700,000 apps on the App Store. It's only a matter of time before the number of apps skyrocket past the million mark.
That's a lot of apps out there and the competition for downloads is brutal.
**Learn Tips and Tricks from Best Selling iPhone Game Developers**
Shane Lee spoke to hundreds of iPhone app developers and curated a selection of the most intriguing success stories to find out how they accomplished their goals. These are the developers behind award winning games such as Canabalt, Bumpy Road, Super Crate Box, Hunters, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Mansion and many more.
While this book focuses on mobile game developers that have published iOS games, the lessons here are applicable to other platforms such as Blackberry and Android.
* Why Canabalt creator Adam Saltsman believes in cultivating friendships with game journalists
* Why localizing Squids in French and German led to an increase in sales for The Game Bakers
* How Hunters creator Ben Murch's persistance and tenacity finally landed their game a feature in a popular gaming website
* Why Bumpy Road creator Simon Flesser emphasizes the use of making video trailers to promote his games
* What Vlambeer Studios did when their game, Radical Fishing got ripped off
If you're interested in mobile game development, game creation, entrepreneurship or even just how to develop an iPhone application, then this book will give you a realistic look into what it takes to become a success.